Posts Tagged ‘grocery’
As I promised a few weeks ago, I finally checked out the new Bottom Dollar Food in Northtowne Plaza. I only needed a few things and had planned to go to the Dollar Tree, but I figured this was a good chance to give Bottom Dollar a day in court. At first I was dissapointed that such a new store could have a light out already in it’s sign.
Fair enough I figured, for all I know they could have asked the leasing company that owns the strip mall about it weeks ago. I’m not gonna assume anything though, and I’ll just take it for face value. As I entered I was suprised that before me was a minitaure supermarket!
I didn’t know what to expect, but I did not expect anything like this. It was like someone took a regular supermarket, stripped away all the bullshit that you don’t need or want, and left you with everything you do!
At first I didn’t know where to go. Should I get a cart? Nah I’m tough enough to carry everything. The first thing that happened was truly miraculous and I don’t ever expect it to happen again. I grabbed a 24 pack of water of the shelf and it was ice cold! I looked around as if I was guilty of receiving such a blessing. I checked it again, my hands were not deceiving me, this water was already cold. Now, they were stocking the shelves so I have to assume that this water literally came right off the truck out of the cold Pennsylvania winter night. Now I don’t know what the odds of that happening again are, but I can tell you in all the years I’ve been buying bulk bottled water, I’ve never experienced it.
It appears that one of the methods Bottom Dollar uses to keep costs down, is by not providing free bags for your purchases. I’ve seen this before in Ireland while I was there on my honeymoon. It was at a department store called DUNNES in Ennis, Clare. Really cool store by the way. Kind of like a small super walmart, but much more upscale.
In any event bags were 5 for 25 cents or somethin like that. I also grabbed a membership card and was on my way.
Next I was heading for Church’s Chicken in Norristown to pick up some dinner. I had a coupon for a 12 piece chicken strip meal plus fries*, AND biscuits. No way I’m passing that up. It took a while though because that menu item is “cooked to order” It was fairly uneventful. Use your imagination. There was a bunch of other people standing around waiting for their cooked to order meal. It’s my understanding now that quite a few items on the menu are cooked to order. When I got home I harrassed that box of chicken and then sampled a biscuit. Thats when I decided to start working on this post. Which is just about over.
*The coupon was actually for mashed potatoes but the cashier was gracious enough to let me swap for fries.
- Charity (2)
- Consumables (7)
- Dining (12)
- East Norriton (40)
- Entertainment (1)
- Everywhere else (9)
- Fashion (4)
- Grocery (16)
- Internet (5)
- Local Bullshit (15)
- Music (2)
- Norristown (10)
- Nostalgia (7)
- Random (8)
- Recreational (7)
- Tech (5)
- Video Games (1)
- Walmart (9)
- Weather (6)
- hello on East Norriton Accountants
- Sam@incontinence products on Dairy Queen of East Norriton
- Sari on Pearl Garden
- Dairy Queen of East Norriton | East Norriton Local Directory: News and reviews in East Norriton, PA 19401 – 19403 on Dairy Queen
- research chemicals on Contact
- CONCERN to Host Comedy Show Fundraiser
- Dairy Queen of East Norriton
- Occupy Norristown
- East Norriton Dance Machine
- You can’t close Pandora’s Box
- March 2012
- February 2012
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- October 2010
- July 2010
- Municipality election results for Norristown, West Norriton, East Norriton - The Times Herald
- Ambulance Strikes Vehicle in East Norriton [PHOTOS] - Patch.com
- PHOTOS: 10th Annual Walk Through The Park in East Norriton - The Times Herald
- Deli Drunkard from East Norriton Arrested at Whitpain Wawa, Police Say - Patch.com
- Via Veneto's, Boston Market Highlight April Health Inspections in East Norriton - Patch.com
- East Norriton police investigating pedestrian struck by vehicle - The Times Herald
- Pedestrian, bicyclist struck in separate East Norriton incidents - The Times Herald
- East Norriton's Sweeney earns Inter-Ac Athletic Directors Award - The Times Herald
- Gracia has challenger in East Norriton Republican primary - The Times Herald
- $275000 East Norriton Home Among This Weekend's Open Houses - Patch.com